Food is so much fun right now. I was so happy, a month or two ago, when we said good-bye to purees and switched pretty much full time to finger foods. In addition to her bottles, of course. Since food at this age is mostly all about fun and experimentation, Michal still gets the majority of her nutrition and calories from her formula, but I am so excited to let her experiment and discover all of the tastes and textures of food. I especially want her to grow to like tastes in a more natural form. When she has yogurt, it is either plain or with fresh fruit in it - no need for any added sugar. In fact, she occasionally has bites of my Greek yogurt, which I find has a stronger taste than regular yogurt, and she always has that plain, and then demands more. I am not worried that she will never develop a taste for the junky side of food - who doesn't like chocolate, ice cream, and all of that yummy stuff?
I picked up some raspberries today, so I thought I'd see if she liked them.
Hmm.... what is this taste?
She definitely enjoyed the raspberries. It was tricky getting a single picture of her eating them - the one at the top of the post was pretty much it. She popped them in her mouth before I could snap the picture!
On to the main course - yogurt with fresh strawberries (I'm trying to prevent a yeast rash because of some recently prescribed antibiotics, so lots of yogurt for M). I wanted to get a picture of her with the meal. I didn't move quickly enough - right after the picture, she grabbed for the bowl and yogurt was everywhere.
Somebody LOVES yogurt... and berries... and all things delicious!
You can tell - she is bouncing up and down and waving her arms in the air.
No comments:
Post a Comment