Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 185: Fourth of July!

How do you get three babies in patriotic dress to look in one direction and smile for the camera?  It's magic, I tell you.  I'm not sure how we were able to get this to happen, especially since Michal was turned around at one point!


We celebrated the fourth with friends at a BBQ and whiffle ball contest.  Whiffle ball, as usual, was hilarious, but Michal and I cheered her daddy on anyway.  Michal got to play with some baby friends, and we got to catch up with friends we've known practically forever.   


Before the BBQ we stopped for our annual Fourth of July dim sum.  This might seem like a strange tradition (today was the 9th such meal), but on July 4, 2003, after a meal of dim sum, Josh proposed to me in Moody Towers, one of the dorms at the University of Houston, where I was spending my summer training teachers.  Ever since, we mark this special anniversary with a tasty meal.  


Michal, of course, joined us.  It was an ideal meal for her, since food travels around the room on carts, and Michal had a constant stream of visitors to greet and charm.  Our waiter especially took to her, chatting with her, making her smile and giggle, and, at the end, bringing her a fortune cookie.  While I had him give it to me (wasn't sure it was the best idea for a 10 1/2 month old baby to have the plastic wrapped treat), I did open  it to find the fortune.  I cracked up after reading this: You will always get what you want through your charm and personality.  Considering the baby charming everyone around her, it seemed quite apropos.  Although, I would add "intelligence" or "wit" to round out the fortune.  But that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment