Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 101: Gorgeous

It was an absolutely gorgeous day today in the Nation's Capital.  Maybe a tad bit warm and a tad bit humid, but I am not going to complain.  While it will bump down a few (15-20) degrees for the remainder of the week, the warmth was quite welcome.


It was the perfect day to spend outdoors with friends.  While we had a backup plan in case of rain (museum hopping through the Smithsonians), Michal and I headed down to the National Zoo to meet up with one of the moms from my group and her adorable daughter, in town from Colorado.  We walked/hiked around the zoo, which is hilly for those who have not experienced it, chatting as we checked in on the lion cubs (a little more "awkward teenager" from the last time we saw them), watched the tiger regally stalk around his enclosure, and even had a peak of the panda munching on some bamboo.  We worked up a decent appetite pushing the girls around, so we headed off to lunch.  


We walked down to an area just down the hill from the zoo with some fun, ethnic restaurants.  We had originally intended to eat at an Asian fusion sort of establishment, but after we discovered it was upstairs and we would have had to find a way to work two strollers up a flight of stairs, we decided to expand our options.  We found a cute little Thai restaurant with decent Pad Thai, and just enough room for two high chairs for two baby girls.  I love the picture up above - just hanging in their highchairs, checking each other out.  I also love how enormous Michal looks next to C.  Granted, she is closer to me, so the perspective contributes to the proportion, but really, Michal seems like monster baby.  Watch out - she'll eat your baby!


Hey, Mama!  Did you see this other baby?  She's pretty awesome.  
And she has a hair clip - we need some of those!  So stylish.


Later, after saying goodbye to our friends, Michal and I headed back down to the parking lot furthest away from the entrance to the zoo.  A frequent occurrence since starting this blog, I stopped off to try and entice a sleepy Michal into posing for a few pictures.  I missed a few choice spots boasting nice patches of grass and brilliant red tulips (still kicking myself over walking past that scene), but I did get a few on this bench in the zoo.  Not that she would look at me.  The bench is much more interesting than a crazy mom blowing raspberries and trilling loudly to get her attention.

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures of the girls. They're so cute together. Sounds like you all had a great time.

    ReplyDelete