Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 159: Summer in the City

Hot day all across the Northeast today.  Here in DC?  The official high temperature was 98 degrees out at National Airport, but the heat index (taking into consideration the humidity) was somewhere in the 100-105 range.  As soon as Michal got home, it was minimalist baby. Just a diaper!  


We decided to go for a quick dip at the swimming pool with a couple hundred of our closest, like-minded friends.  Here she is, waiting for me to stop taking pictures so we could go!  (Have I mentioned how ridiculously happy I am that Hello Kitty is popular right now?)

 Big trick for the day: she can move!  She has started to take steps and walk with our assistance, but she has not had a good deal of success with cruising.  If she is standing at her Zany Zoo (awesome, fantastic, magnificent) toy, she might take a few steps from side to side, but she hasn't figured out how to round the corner to the next side.  The newest trick today was transferring.  Without our help at all, she was able to move from her Zany Zoo to this nearby chair (it doesn't look that far, but in Michal baby distance it is light years away) - she took one hand off the Zoo, moved it to the chair, then transferred herself all the way over.  I was in the kitchen and Josh started to shout; I ran in and exclaimed what a big girl she is, and she just gave us this nonchalant glance, as if to say, "What, Mom and Dad?  It's no big deal!"


 Love

Dinner = Fun with Eggs

2 comments:

  1. I love the one of her and Josh. Seriously cute.

    And I think Hello Kitty may be the only fashion we don't agree on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww...love the one with Papa. Something to be cherished for many, many years.

    ReplyDelete