Michal and Josh spent the day together while I headed to work. Before I left, Josh asked that I leave the membership card for the National Zoo behind, so after she woke up from her morning nap, off they went into the wilds of Washington DC.
We wondered how Michal would do at the zoo today. In the past, it was unclear how much she was able to really appreciate the animals, especially those that were further away. She had a blast today, especially at the Kids Farm. The Kids Farm had been threatened to close due to funding decreases from the Federal Government, but apparently funding has been secured to keep this part of the zoo open through 2016. Thank goodness - maybe by 2016 Michal can get the alpacas' attention. She kept yelling "HI!" at the poor creatures, who just ignored her.
Fussy Butts McGee continued to visit us today. Not even a nifty tiger lunch bag could cheer up the Goose.
Ah, finally, an enclosure with a barrier Michal could see over - the prairie dogs. You can't really see them in this picture, but they're there. I promise.
Josh tells me she blew kisses to the prairie dogs. Awwwwwww.
And a short video for your viewing pleasure - Michal says hi to cows.
Unfortunately, the cows do not say hi back.



No comments:
Post a Comment