Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 30: Smiles

Those who know me well might know that I am a bit of a night owl.  That might even be an understatement given the insomnia that has plagued me for a while now.  So far, though, it seems as if Michal has been spared this, as she is a brilliant sleeper.  She exceeds our wildest expectations, and I have to admit that we are quite spoiled.  Even if I cannot/am not able to take advantage of it, I do hope that she continues to get good sleep every night.


Despite the sleep issues, I have found a sudden and new found love and appreciation for mornings.  As I struggle to wake and wipe the sleep from my eyes, I experience a moment, most mornings, where I cannot wait to jump out of bed.  I love getting Michal up first thing in the morning.  Usually she wakes up before us, hanging out in her crib until we realize what she has already realized - it is time to get up and experience a brand new day.  I love opening the door to her room, walking over to her crib, and asking out loud, "Is there a baby in here?"  She senses my presence, looks up, and this is what I see...
Wildly happy baby.  There is nothing better than those first moments of a new day, learning this lesson she has already taught us - it is good to wake up, smiling, happy, and excited to see us, her penguin humidifier, her Bailey dog, and especially her bottle.  We sing her morning song (Modah Ani, for those in the know), and somehow the cobwebs cease to exist for a little bit for me.  Sure I am tired, but it doesn't seem to matter any longer.  


One quick disclaimer - I took this picture right after her late afternoon nap, but it is the same face as first thing in the morning.  Absolute joy to see you.

1 comment:

  1. that is so sweet, James is the same way except he doesn't wait for me to wake up, he starts yelling up at me to get up and serve his needs :)

    ReplyDelete