We tried PB&J last week, but it did not go well. I thought perhaps the pieces of sandwich were too big - I cut them in strips, hoping to encourage her to practice biting off bits of food to eat. After trying to smash one strip into her mouth, she was immediately unhappy with the situation and started to toss the smaller bites of sandwich overboard. After trying tuna fish (at another time) with the same reaction, I decided it must be the bread. Perhaps the wheat bread I was using was too hearty for her, and she disliked it, creating a new sport of sandwich tossing. I would get a softer bread.
It was a big fat failure. She did eat a few pieces of sandwich, but she quickly resumed her favorite game, peppering the carpet beneath her with treats for Bailey. I'm a little surprised by this outcome. We'll try again at a future date.
I'm sorry... what did you try to make me eat?
Haha... funny one, mama. Now - where's my REAL dinner?
Hmmm... plotting her revenge?




No comments:
Post a Comment