Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 12: Cereal Drunk

It is tough to squeeze everything into a daycare day.  While we absolutely love the woman who watches Michal two days a week (as well as her kids, who are adorable and seem to really dig "the baby"), those days only give us a few hours with her, just a bit in the morning after waking up and a couple in the evening before bedtime.  Wednesdays and Thursdays, then, are tough days for getting creative with photo taking, especially given the less than stellar lighting present in our home.


My original plan for tonight's picture went by the wayside once I realized how poorly I had timed our evening and she began her I AM READY FOR BED RIGHT NOW meltdown, so I hope to save that for tomorrow night.  (For those of you who are curious, your hint is: My current obsession).  Instead, I give you this photo.


Last night, Josh called from South Carolina, where he is away on a business trip, and we decided to try out the video chat function on our phones.  Determined to give him a sense of what was going on with M that evening so that he didn't feel like he was missing out while away, I decided to try "food" again and give M some rice cereal - if you recall from Day 1 of this project, cereal time had not been warmly received by the baby, so I thought he would have a video chat filled with cereal being spit up and Michal knocking my hand away.  Instead, we found a baby who was totally digging the grub and couldn't get enough of it.  Apparently at some point over the last few days, something clicked for her and she realized, Oh, it's FOOD, gimme some!


Here she is after this evening's meal, having consumed a good amount of cereal.  If I had let her, she would have continued to eat and "ask" for more, but her cereal-drunk expression let me know what her stomach and brain hadn't quite communicated to her - she was full.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard of a milkaholic, but a cerealholic? This should be her baby photo for her HS Senior yearbook. hehe

    ReplyDelete