Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 121: National Pastime

I started to upload and edit the photos today when we started to hear some buzz on Twitter that the president was going to make an address to the country at 10:30 pm.  While the main theme of today's post is on the lighthearted side, I do want to say that it is rather amazing that Michal will grow up in a world without Osama bin Laden.  I cannot find words aside from that - anything else just feels a bit trite.

Being big baseball fans (read: Josh is a big baseball fan, I go along for moral support... and soft pretzels), we deliberated over when to take Michal to her first baseball game.  Do we go as soon as possible so as to solidify her status as a baseball fan, or do we wait until it is an experience that she will remember.  Luckily, it is not mutually exclusive - there will be a point when she remembers the first game she attends with her daddy (maybe with me, we'll see), likely wearing a glove, hoping for a pop fly.  

We took advantage of a California team being in town to catch a game with some friends.  After a couple of rough nap days, Michal got enough of a nap boost in the morning to get her through the entire nine innings - just barely; it took a good deal of waving to every person she met, as well as lots of jumping, dancing, and general good times, to stave off a Michal-sized breakdown.  

What have we here?

 Getting comfy with Daddy.  I love this picture... especially since it is so typical Michal to NOT look at the camera when I'm making an idiot of myself to encourage her to do so.  
Just stares right off to my right, pretending like I'm not even there.

Finally, the nap situation caught up with her on the walk to the car.  
Totally passed out baby.  Baseball is EXHAUSTING! 

3 comments:

  1. We've been trying to find a good day game to take Addie to - getting excited for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are gearing up for Lauren's first Padre game this month too! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos. Rachelle was pregnant with David when we took him to his first game (Orioles). See what happened to him!

    ReplyDelete