Today's photo shoot did not go quite the way I expected.
Since today was Michal's 9-month birthday (!!!), I picked up a white onesie for her usual monthly picture and got her all set to go. Normally, she gets dressed in her special outfit, sometimes with BabyLegs, sometimes not, and then I sit her on the couch, grab the FAO Schwartz monkey we picked up in New York the day we found out we were pregnant, and then snap a ton of pictures, hoping a few look cute enough to share with the world. Usually that is it. Today, there was something in the air.
I should not have been surprised - apparently she ate everything in sight while at day care today (more of that delicious tofu!) and did not take her usual afternoon nap. It is as if she woke up today, decided she was a Big Girl(!), and was now going to act the part. She had no interest in sitting nicely for any of the photos, even doing a number of somersaults from a standing position. Luckily, my cat-like reflexes saved her head every single time. This is the baby who was only starting to THINK about movement. Suddenly, she is Mary Lou Retton, practicing her dismount from the balance beam. She had a blast. I laughed through my bewildered terror.
We do not have her 9-month well baby appointment for another week and a half, so I will post her stats then, but for now, here are some facts about Michal at 9 months:
She has now existed in the outside world longer than she did inside.
Michal still wakes up around the same time every morning, 9 times out of 10.
Michal has not met a food she does not like - even garlic sauteed tofu!
She is just starting to show interest in moving, but so far, any travel is done by rolling. Usually in a circle. Not so efficient.
Michal is a very confident stander... probably a bit more confident than is deserved. While she has great balance holding on with even just one hand, her overconfidence has led to many a fall - one of which ended up with a scrape by her nose when I attempted a save.
Michal still ADORES Bailey. He tolerates her more than he used to. He discovered she comes with snacks.
She is a very social baby and waves to everyone. Even the TV.
Michal is incredibly detail oriented and focused. I'm convinced she could spend a good 10-15 minutes investigating the fibers of the carpet.
She is now officially in 12 month or 12-18 month clothing.
She loves to find sneaky ways out of shoes.
Michal now has four teeth - two on the bottom, two on top. There are at least two more on top just about to make their appearance.
Michal does not laugh. She chuckles. She's low-key like that.
She is brilliant.

Happy 9 months, sweet M!
ReplyDelete