Day care days are tough, since we have so little time with her on those days. Of course it helps that she is in wonderful hands, and it does make us appreciate the non-day care days. We definitely try to make the most of our waking time together.
When we got home today, Josh took her into the living room for some tummy time. Yes, we are still working on that. She has rare moments of greatness, either pushing herself way up or (once) rolling over from stomach to back. More frequently she lays her head down, simply waiting for us to give up, or she starts to get frustrated, which is when she gets the most accomplished. She is pretty great at moving her lower body - it's her top half that does not do much.
Michal is definitely gaining dexterity. She is fascinated with tags and has gotten better at aiming her hand and fingers so she can grasp all sorts of small items between her fingers. This morning she was quite taken with the tag on the pillow. This evening, she suddenly decided she wanted to hold the spoon I was using in an attempt to feed her peas. She has been increasingly interested in food (although the peas were a stretch - it was hit or miss for a while there), and while she sometimes ends up looking like a hungry baby bird, opening wide in hopes of a food deposit, tonight she decided she wanted to grab the spoon. I'm not entirely sure she intended to feed herself or if she just wanted the item I was holding, but she did manage to get the bowl of the spoon into/near her mouth, so that is a success. She also managed to get it all over her face, so a bath was in order to remove the bits of pea from hair and skin.
My favorite pictures of the day, however, came from a quick morning shoot. We were getting ready for day care and work, so I gathered the necessary items for her diaper bag, including some diapers and wet bag. I left them on our bed - where Michal was hanging out with Daddy - as I went to finish a few last tasks, when I heard Josh laughing. I came over, and found this...
Michal decided she wanted her diapers a little closer, turned, stretched, reached, and grabbed, tumbling the pile onto herself. What a silly girl.
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment