Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 54: Please Sir, Can I Have Some More?

Today seemed to be a tough one for Miss M, and unfortunately there is not a clear cut culprit for her unhappiness.  We have her six month appointment on Friday, with accompanying immunizations, so I am steeling myself for a potential mood/energy shift with the baby, but the only potential villain in today's drama was an illusive, ambiguous one: teething.  There is no proof that she is teething.  Sure, she chews on her hands and drools much of the time, but that has been going on for a while now.  If I could see a bump or any change in her gum, I could identify the enemy, but alas, it's still a guessing game.


Apparently she was difficult at day care as well as at home tonight.  At day care she apparently was distracted enough by some insane housewives in a city whose name I have forgotten (our kid likes reality TV. Go figure), but at home, this is what we found:
Poor kid. Luckily we distracted her with toys and fun.  Tonight she REALLY got into her jumperoo, and she went to town on that toy, jumping all over the place.  She stopped occasionally to gnaw on a thumb or three fingers, but at least the face of misery was gone.


Still no luck on apples.  Who would have guessed that of all the foods we have tried, apples would be the only non-starter.  She likes peas more than she likes apples.  The only way I can get her to eat apples is to mix them with some oatmeal.  She LOVES this.  She goes to town, opening her mouth like a baby bird, furiously demanding another bite of the delicious food.  And when it's all gone, she looks up at you...
Doing her best impersonation of a Dickensian character.

1 comment: