Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 53: Hard Day's Night

It is difficult to not compare babies.  It does not matter how frequently you read or are told that every baby is different, there is a secret comparison.  Well, at least I compare.    I read of babies who are roughly the same age as Michal who have teeth, who scoot and crawl around, who roll all over the place (both ways), and some who even have started to "talk."  I get a little jealous at times, but for the most part, I am perfectly content with where she is at developmentally.  She is a happy, easy baby, and I know she is doing fine. 

Well, today, she was mostly happy.  There were periods of extreme discontent.  I got into the shower, letting her hang out on a towel for some naked baby time before she got her chance to be washed up, and about five seconds in, hysterical crying ensued.  For those of you who know Michal, this is unusual.  If she is upset, she fusses.  In fact, once I mentioned to someone, in apology for her noise, that she was fussing, and I was given a "look" and told, no, that's not fussy.  She's a pretty even-tempered baby, so anything that is loud is a bit unusual.* Multiple times during the day, this is what I encountered, arms thrown in the air:



I just missed the REALLY upset face, and yes, I'm THAT mom who, laughing, grabs her camera to take a picture of the pissed off baby... and THEN, I grab her to see what's wrong.


Once she went down for a nap, she edged in a slightly better mood, until she got upset again, and then returned to happy baby mode.  We met Daddy/Josh for lunch - I'm sure he never tires of watching her face light up when she recognizes him - and then made our way to work.  She is definitely getting much more comfortable with all of my coworkers, smiling on cue for all of them.  


After eating a bottle and playing in her exersaucer, she began to melt down a bit, obviously getting tired and rubbing her eyes.  I dimmed the lights in my office, closed the door, tuned Pandora to a Beethoven-inspired station, and bundled her up into her stroller, zipping her into her sleeping bag.  After a few minutes of fussing, I suddenly heard only the music, looked over, and saw this:
Totally crashed out baby.  She slept for an hour without stirring once, when Josh came to get her, and I'm sure she would have taken a longer nap had she been left undisturbed.


And yes.  That is a different shirt than she was wearing this morning (both products of a recent shopping trip with her California Grandma).  She got a little messy while eating her late morning bottle, even while wearing a bib.  Quite the neat little lady.


*I do not say all of this to brag, just to give context.

No comments:

Post a Comment