Michal got mail yesterday from a baby friend - it was not the first piece of mail addressed to her, and while I like to think that it would be pretty cool if this had been her official first piece of mail, I don't think it was either. In any case, I picked up the mail yesterday after she was asleep, so I did not have a chance to open it with her until this morning.
I have mentioned before that I found a great group of moms online, all with babies around the same age. I have gotten closer with a few of them, so our babies are now "friends." Well, Michal received her first Valentine in the mail today, and it was from her friend Lauren. Hopefully some day Michal and Lauren can have a play date - especially since Lauren currently lives in San Diego, which sounds amazing on the very cold, windy day we had today in DC.
Here is Michal, attempting to open her Valentine in her own special way...
I'm going to eat it open, Ima!
I'm still not sure what I want Michal to call me. Mommy seems easy, since it is what the dog has called me forever, but I love the idea of her calling me Ima. It's a work in progress... but that felt right there.
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I cried reading your post tonight. It was sweet. I really hope the girls will be great friends as they grow up. Especially after we move to DC in a few years. Love you girls!
ReplyDelete