There are times when I want to just slow down the clock a bit. It is so exciting to watch Michal grow and develop, but sometimes it seems as if everything is happening just a touch too quickly. The other day, Michal was hanging out in the living room with her daddy, jumping away in her jumperoo (she just figured out jumping. Apparently it is a lot of fun), and I stepped away for a few minutes, off doing something or other. I came back, and Michal had figured out how to flip the "book" on her jumper in both directions. Five minutes before, she could only flip the "pages" to one side, then one of us would move all of them back so she could do it again. Well, she figured out both ways. In three minutes, already a change.
So I won't go into how excited and slightly sad I was tonight when Josh showed me how Michal could stand, balancing herself, holding on to a stationary object for nearly half a minute. All by herself. She loves to stand and has done so with our assistance for a while, but it was so amazing seeing her do it all on her own. And bittersweet - she's already a big girl already. Okay, a big baby girl, but she's growing nonetheless.
While I pretend that she isn't brilliantly growing and developing at amazing speeds, I'll concentrate on the smaller changes. She sits in a real high chair in restaurants now, and tonight, instead of hauling either her in her infant bucket or finagling the stroller out of the back of the car, I carried her inside Targ.et, plopped her in the front of the cart, buckled her up, and off we went. Of course she charmed everyone around her with her quiet cuteness.
What big eyes you have, my dear.. the better to see everything around you!
Monday, February 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Two of the world's best things in this photo... cutest baby and Target.
ReplyDelete