Three years ago we signed up for a Shabbat cluster, in which we agreed to meet with other couples for six months, meeting once a month for a Friday night Shabbat dinner. Three years and three kids later (with one on the way), we still get together, grabbing a meal, sharing stories, and celebrating with each other.
Today we got together with these friends, first hitting up a local kid sale before grabbing lunch (Indian buffet - yum!). We agreed to meet about an hour into the sale, which apparently is QUITE the mistake when trying to scope out great deals on toys, clothes, and gear. All of the prime items were long gone by the time we arrived. At least the line was not too long when time came to check out, but there certainly was not much left that we desired. We did find one jewel in the rough - we had hoped to find another exersaucer for the basement, but I'm not sure it would have garnered more excitement than what we did find.
Retro toys are awesome - especially since they rarely require an endless supply of batteries. Michal has a few throwback toys that were Chanukah gifts from her grandmother, but today, we found one that we immediately knew we absolutely needed to buy.
The Fisher Price Chatter Telephone. Sure, its appearance in Toy Story 3 certainly increased the awesome factor, but it certainly brings forth a strong sense of nostalgia. She's still a little young for it, but I enjoyed watching her try to figure it out. I just imagine her here, thinking, "Really, Mom? A rotary phone? Really?"
BTW - because I can mention it - the rotary dial goes the wrong way. Not that any kid would know any different. But I do. And it almost bugs me, except it's so awesome.
Saturday, March 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LOVE IT!
ReplyDelete