Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 71: Naked Baby

Michal has really started to love baths.  She never disliked them, but she used to just hang out, content to be there.  No idea what the turning point was, but she has recently discovered splashing, and boy is it fun.  We finally took out her newborn hammock, so she either sits in the part of the tub that has a seat and allows her to recline or she sits in the main part of the tub, without the recline.  The first allows for leg kicks, the second for splashing with hands.  Tonight she was absolutely taken with the stream of water that emerged from the scoop when I tilted it in front of her.  She stared at the mini waterfall for a bit, then reached out with her hand, experimenting with letting the water spill over her fingers.  Funny baby.


We try to give Michal what we call "naked butt time" every day - it does wonders in making sure she stays clear of annoying rashes.  We usually do this after her bath.  Tonight she rolled around all over the place, using my shoulders/face as a launch point for moving herself around.  I got some really cute pictures of her with my phone, but this one made me laugh.


I took this picture right as she started to get mad.  She was already pretty tired, but I was trying to put off bedtime as long as possible since it was pretty early.  It also looks like she's resting her head on her hand, which was not the case.  I think she was playing with her hair or her ear.  I like to think she is trying to tell me to stop taking pictures and just get on with bedtime already.  Which we did.



2 comments: