Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 67: Casing Costco

Michal loves to watch people.  She's definitely an observer, looking around, taking it all in. She cautiously makes friends wherever we go - apparently she's a cute baby or something - so when approached by an admirer, she watches them for a bit before choosing whether or not the person has garnered the favor of a smile.


Of course Costco is a great place for people watching, although I am more frequently wanting to avoid the collective insanity of the people who shop at Costco (I try not to fall into that category).  There is much to see, and Michal, newly acclimated to the seat in the front of the shopping cart, grasps the handlebar quite firmly and checks out the clientele.  


Today we met Josh there for lunch, and as he went to pick up our kosher hot dogs (to be replaced by non-kosher hot dogs next week - boo), she and I hung out in the dining area.  Once a table near the glass doors opened up, we relocated so she could watch the people in the parking lot.  I like to think I'm starting her driver education on the early side, as the parking lot at our Costco is a lesson in what not to do when searching for a parking spot.
Looking around, seeing what she sees.

These people sure are funny, mama!

Lunch was good, the company better.  Michal spent the last part of our brief meal on my lap, trying to grab my churro.  The kid has good taste.  

1 comment: