Michal is really starting to get that pincer grasp down. We have yet to try any of the small puffs and yogurt melts with Michal - mostly because the bags and canisters clearly indicate they are for babies who fit into the "crawler" category, and she is just not there yet. I will probably cave soon, as many of my friends with babies Michal's age are already playing with a variety of these finger foods and doing quite well with them. Once in a while, if I am making her something with fresh, soft fruit, I cut off some spears for her to play with. She does fairly well with them, although some of the slippery items - like peaches - end up being more of a frustration than a meal. But as you can see in the picture above, she is quite adept at grasping something that requires greater precision and aim.
Yum?
Poor blanket - a lovely gift from Michal's grandmother.
I am not quite sure how to salvage it. It has a few spots like this one. Silly baby.
If it's slippery, like peaches, try dusting it in baby cereal to make it easier to grab on to. (I used wheat germ starting at about 10 months.)
ReplyDeleteFrom my child care teacher days...cheerios were the fine motor skill development toy of choice. No choking risk (they get mushy too fast), not too unhealthy and they provide a great deal of fun in the highchair. Just be sure to have the broom (or Bailey) handy!
ReplyDelete