Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 86: Concentration

Such intense concentration with this little girl.  She oscillates between carefully examining her toys and shoving them in her mouth, and I wonder what it is she sees when she stares at them so intently.  Does she see the color? the shape?  Does she have a sense of what is hard, what is soft, and the varieties of texture?  Well, the last one I can answer - she certainly seems to love feeling everything, letting her fingers explore and take in the varied bumps and ruffles on clothing, couch cushions, her carseat and stroller, and so many other items in her world.  In fact tonight, instead of eating ANYTHING (bananas, peach puffs, yogurt melts), she was much more interested in trying to peel back the fabric covering the arm of her high chair.  I couldn't give you a reason why.


It is great fun watching her begin to recognize and remember her toys and gear.  When I pull Sophie the giraffe out of her diaper bag, her arms start to wave and her legs pump in sheer excitement.  How much fun it is to be reunited with your good teething buddy!

1 comment: