While we did not go too crazy in finding Michal a Halloween costume, I knew that I wanted to do something special for Purim. While some of the more popular costumes feature characters from the Purim story (Esther, Vashti, King Ahasuerus, Mordecai, Haman), I decided to go a different route, while maintaining the holiday theme.
Here is my little hamentaschen - a triangular jam-filled cookie eaten on this holiday. I searched high and low for a cute costume for Michal and came up short. Instead, I made my own. From scratch. As I created a pattern and sewed it by hand. I have to admit that I am incredibly lucky it even fit - beginner's luck. I chose to go with the red/raspberry filling because someone mentioned once that red is Michal's color. I realized this morning that the "raspberry" filling was doubly appropriate, given her penchant for blowing raspberries.
Here are a few pictures of the process:
Fabric choices on top of the five piece pattern. Yes, I am crazy.
Pinning the "filling"...
...and the cookie pieces.
First seam.
The finished product (completed in the car on the trip to the wedding in New Jersey).
Absolutely delicious!
wow good job!
ReplyDeleteYou did such a great job! It looks adorable on her :)
ReplyDeleteIt looks awesome Elisha! Shes so precious <3
ReplyDeleteI am so impressed!! Wow, she looks so cute, and the costume is amazing.
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy it worked out, she looks adorable!
ReplyDelete